Reduce the symptoms of physical, psychological or emotional distress. Space is limited.
The internationally acclaimed Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for adults is taught by Valerie York-Zimmerman. MBSR is an empirically-supported, 8-week group intervention that teaches Mindfulness-Based practices and skills as a health intervention.
MBSR is beneficial for:
1) Individuals looking for mindfulness-based approaches and ways of managing stress-related symptoms
2) Healthcare providers, counselors, educators and non-profit organizations serving our Miami community who are seeking new evidence-based methods for themselves, their patients, clients and students.
Mindfulness-Based programs train adults to discover their own resources and possibilities for relating differently to stress from chronic physical and psychological illnesses. Forty plus years of research studies have demonstrated positive improvements in symptoms, attitudes, and behaviors.
MBSR PROGRAM FOR 2022
- Format: 2-1/2 hour weekly, in-person classes, All-Day Retreat, audio files and Workbook.
- Orientation: October 2nd.
- Schedule: Classes: Oct. 2 – Dec. 4, 2022. (No classes Thanksgiving week.)
- Hours: 12:30 – 3:00 pm on Sundays
- All-Day Retreat: Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022
- Tuition: $500 (general public). Some scholarships are available for nonprofits and educators.
- Location: At the beautiful, historic Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd., across from The Biltmore Hotel.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org