MBSR PROGRAMS STATUS: Next offered in October 2021.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Pioneered by Jon Kabat-Zinn:
Taught by Valerie York-Zimmerman. The internationally acclaimed Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for adults was created by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979. MBSR is an empirically-supported, 8-week group intervention that teaches Mindfulness-Based practices and skills as a health intervention.
1) Individuals looking for mindfulness-based approaches and ways of managing stress-related symptoms
2) Healthcare providers, counselors and non-profit organizations serving our Miami community who are seeking new evidence-based methods for themselves, their patients and their clients
Mindfulness-Based programs train adults to discover their own resources and possibilities for relating differently to stress from chronic physical and psychological illnesses. Nearly 40 years of research studies demonstrate positive improvements in symptoms, attitudes, and behaviors. For more info: www.umassmed.edu/cfm/
MBSR PROGRAM FOR 2021:
- Format: Nine 2-1/2 hour weekly classes, All-Day Retreat, audio files and Workbook.
- Orientation: Thurs., Oct. 14, 2021
- Schedule: Classes 1-5: Thurs., Oct. 21 – Nov 18.; Classes 6-8: Dec. 2 – 16
- Hours: MBSR is 6:00 until 8:30 pm on Thursdays
- All-Day Retreat: Sunday, Dec. 5, 2021
- Tuition: $600 (general public). Some scholarships are available for nonprofits and educators.
- Location: Offered online on Zoom until it is safe to gather together again for in-person classes.