MINDFULNESS-BASED PROGRAMS ARE “STEPPING STONES” TO GOOD MENTAL HEALTH, WELLBEING, AND RESILIENCE
Research has demonstrated that Mindfulness-Based Programs:
- REDUCE anxiety – worry – anger – trauma – physical, psychological and emotional distress – reactivity – intolerance – chronic pain.
- INCREASE awareness – focus – attention – connection – clarity of mind – learning – gratitude – generosity – acceptance – letting go – kindness – compassion – joy.
- IMPROVE resilience – emotional regulation – executive function – memory –peace of mind – ease of being – balance – equanimity – mental health.
- ACCESS resources for healing – recovery – empowerment – ability to thrive.
- PREVENT disconnection – alienation – relapse of depression – substance abuse.
The internationally acclaimed Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) for adults was created by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979. Taught by Valerie York-Zimmerman, MBSR is an evidenced-based, experiential, group training that teaches mindfulness-based practices and skills as a health intervention. More info…
The MBSR Practicum is an in-depth, comprehensive, interactive practice teaching program emphasizing kindness, compassion and excellence. This is a group-based program taught over ten weeks, allowing for the training and practice teaching to become thoroughly absorbed in a consistent, step-by-step process. Studies have shown that group-based learning with expert and peer support such as this Practicum is more effective and helps change habits. More info…
One-on-one mentorship is a key component of development for new, as well as experienced, teachers of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). It provides the intimacy and support of a close connection with a seasoned guiding teacher. It offers a safe container for an open and honest exploration of discoveries, challenges, breakthroughs, insights, and possibilities that inevitably arise in the process of teaching mindfulness. More info…
New: In-Depth, Sustainable Mindfulness Training for Educators, Clinicians, and Other Professionals Teaching Children and Teens. Taught by Valerie York-Zimmerman, this 12-week training is intended for those who have already completed the MBSR Program, MBCT Program, or equivalent training. More information here.
This retreat is an annually planned event which will be co-led by Valerie York-Zimmerman, founder of Miami Mindfulness, and Sharon Theroux, founder of South Florida Center for Mindfulness. Both teachers are certified to teach MBSR by the Oasis Institute at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. More info…
INQUIRIES for all classes – please email firstname.lastname@example.org